At startup or drain and refill time:
1. Fill the spa by placing the garden hose in the filter housing.
2.Test the source water for calcium before putting in ions. Click HERE for calcium test instructions.
3. Add 2 oz. Spa Defender.
4. Test and adjust water for Total Alkalinity 80 PPM and pH 7.4 .
5. Put in one tablespoon of Instant Ions per 150 gallons. Shake well.
6. Turn on the air controls.
7. Cut (new) thermal blanket if needed.
8. Set filtering times to 8 hours per day (one hour one time for
the SE/ SC models) Place cover and let it heat.
See main instructions for summer use.
9. Add the Calcium Booster after the spa is up to temperature.
Weekly:1. Shock the spa with one tablespoon of Non-chlorine shock and one-half teaspoon of chlorine granular per 85 gallons. Examples: Fallsburg/Brookfield = 6TBS/2TSP. Springeville/Watertown 5TBS/2TSP
2. Wait at least one hour then test and adjust Copper, TA and pH.
3. Add 4 in 1 Clarifier, and Spa Defender.
1 Clean filter(s) by spraying them off with small nozzle (
) cold water.
2 Soak in bleach solution for a few minutes, wear gloves and don't get on clothes, 1/4 cup bleach per gallon in the sink.
1. Clean cover and apply 303 cover treatment to the cover.
3 to 6 months:
1. Drain and refill the spa. Deep clean the filters by soaking
overnight in Filter Cleanse, or other acid filter cleaner.
If you have no safe place to keep the solution away from children, then just use automatic diswasher soap and "Minute Rinse".
2. Apply Super Deck stain to the redwood or cedar cabinet if needed.
Back to Standard Instructions